XL Catlin seeks Government Affairs & Regulatory Policy Analyst
Government Affairs & Regulatory Policy Analyst
London or Dublin
The Government Affairs and Regulatory Policy team form part of the overall Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs practice at XL Catlin to advise on strategic policy opportunities and their impact with the business, Global stakeholders, government, regulators and trade associations .
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the Head of International Government Affairs and Regulatory Policy you will be involved with;
- Leading advocacy and advancement of strategic and business initiatives with key national and international policymakers, legislative bodies, insurance departments and other regulatory bodies and agencies.
- Identifying emerging political/governmental issues in order to facilitate business opportunities and mitigate potential business threats.
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with international legislative offices, key members of legislatures and their staffs, decision-makers within the insurance departments, industry association personnel and counterparts at other insurance companies.
- Working closely with international industry associations and other constituents to develop policy and strategies to promote industry goals.
- Implementing international political strategy approach to advance company’s overarching public policy agenda, product and growth initiatives and business objectives.
- Coordinating international regulatory activities.
This role can be based from either London or Dublin.
UNLEASH your potential
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Government Affairs, Business or Finance or similar
- Experience with insurance business, insurance industry relations or insurance public policy advocacy is highly beneficial
- Proven experience of working in an Insurance company, government body, government organization or regulatory body is highly beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in clear and concise written and presentation formats to facilitate management understanding and decision making.
- Highly motivated, highly organised, resourceful, high energy and innovative.
- Exceptional relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, high level projects simultaneously.
The XL Catlin group of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.uk.