YouTube seeks Government Affairs & Public Policy Senior Manager
Government Affairs & Public Policy Senior Manager
About the job
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you’ll help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers and influencers inside and outside government. In addition, you’ll advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues related to controversial content online issues and consumer trust. You’ll work on a highly cross-functional team and with global policy colleagues.
In this role, you’ll help shape Google’s policy efforts relating to YouTube, with a specific focus on the UK. You will coordinate with the global policy team, the YouTube business and product organizations, and key cross-functional partners in marketing, legal and PR to execute our policy strategy, and advise product teams through the public policy lens. You will be required to develop, organize, manage, and communicate critical plans, initiatives, and strategy. You’ll track various regulatory proposals and analyze their potential impact on Google’s business, working with the global policy team to develop and implement strategy. You’ll provide project management to support key strategic and operational priorities of YouTube and the policy organization.
- Develop and execute strategic outreach and policy campaigns to benefit YouTube users, our business, and the wider web. Develop policy strategy with global policy colleagues, legal, partnerships and PR.
- Engage directly with and build relationships with policymakers, trade associations, industry partners, key opinion formers, non-profit groups and others.
- Lead the YouTube controversial content policy in the UK, and build strategic external relationships. Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues and thought leaders.
- Advise business and product teams on policy implications during the product development and launch process. Manage policy projects on multiple issues, including content flagging best practices and cross-industry relations.
- Be responsible for our policy strategy for issues relating to the UK.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing policy campaigns and outreach with stakeholders, in policy advocacy or in a government position.
- Experience within the tech industry and familiarity with Internet technologies, new media, and the surrounding policy environments.
- Work experience in government, with international experience.
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Track record of executing cross-functional projects.
- Ability to speak and write in English and one or more European languages fluently and idiomatically.